Your student’s success is very important to us, and your active involvement is essential for your student’s educational success in the remote learning program.
Expectations and Criteria for Student Participation in the Remote Learning Program:
- Students must have internet access. Wi-Fi hotspots are currently located at Nicely’s Towing, Union Missionary Baptist Church, and the Chesapeake Community Center for those students having difficulties accessing the internet.
- Students will login to each of their Google Classrooms daily.
- Students will complete and adhere to due dates on all assignments.
- Students will arrange meetings with teachers or email teachers if they need help or have questions.
- To qualify for remote learning for the 3rd nine weeks, students must have a GPA of 1.5 or higher for the 2nd nine weeks grading period. If a student does not meet the GPA criteria for participation in the remote learning program and has a medical concern in the household, medical documentation may be needed to continue remote learning. A plan will be made with the building principal on a case-by-case basis.
- Students must not have chronic absenteeism to continue participation the following grading period.
Progress Monitoring of Students in the Remote Learning Program:
- Monitor Progress Book to check your student’s assignments and grades.
- Contact your student’s teacher to arrange a meeting or email if you need help or have questions.
- The school will monitor attendance and inform parents/guardians of students at risk of chronic absenteeism. Attendance policies will be followed.
- The school will notify parents/guardians by letter of remote learning students who are failing and in jeopardy of not receiving credit/retention.